Syrializm Special coverage
The second session of the Global Summit of Production and Industrialization will be held in the Russian city of Ekaterinburg from July 9 to 11 / 2019 (GMIS-2019), which one of the elite industrial leaders and exports gathering that offers great opportunity to increase the knowledge and an opportunity to meet and listen to the best in the world in production and industrialization businesses.
The Global Manufacturing and Industrialization Summit (GMIS) is a joint initiative of Ministry of Energy and Industry of the United Arab Emirates and the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO).
The inaugural summit was held in March 2017 in Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates, and hosted over 3,000 delegates from more than 40 countries to deliberate on the impact of the Fourth Industrial Revolution and embrace its technologies to develop stronger and more sustainable industries, communities, businesses, and economies.
The second edition of GMIS will expand to highlight the role of nature-inspired technologies, its impact on manufacturing, its benefits to communities, and its role in advancing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of the United Nations.
Discussions will take place through interactive debates, sessions, and workshops.
In GMIS 2019, the manufacturing community will get together in the city of Yekaterinburg – the industrial heartland of Russia – for the second edition of the Global Manufacturing and Industrialization Summit.
It’s on May 2018, when the Russian President Vladimir Putin announced, that the Summit in its, second session will be held under the theme of ‘nature-inspired technologies’ in Russia – also known as biomimetic design and biomimicry – which is the science of mapping design challenges to the natural world to find innovative solutions.
The 2019 summit will continue to intensify the impact of innovation and Fourth Industrial Revolution technologies on the global manufacturing sector through the worldwide dissemination of knowledge, best practices and standards, while highlighting the role of manufacturing in enabling global prosperity through advancing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of the United Nations.
The summit will witness huge numbers of attendances of world’s industrial leaders and experts, whom will speak at the summit, with large number of interesting topics.
On the Summit agenda on July 9th:
- 30-11.00 Arrival and refreshments
- 00-11.05 GMIS OFFICIAL OPENING TECHNOLOGY DISPLAY
- 05-11.10 WELCOME FROM THE MC
- 10-11.20 WELCOME ADDRESS: Welcome to GMIS, Welcome to the Future of Manufacturing
- OFFICIAL OPENING CEREMONY OF THE GLOBAL MANUFACTURING AND INDUSTRIALISATION SUMMIT 2019 THE FORUM
- 20-11.25 H.E. Eng. Suhail Al Mazrouei, Minister of Energy and Industry, United Arab Emirates
- 25-11.30 Li Yong, Director General, United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) and GMIS Co-Chair, Austria
- 30-11.35 Denis Manturov, Minister of Industry and Trade and GMIS Co-Host, Russian Federation
- 35-12.15 OFFICIAL OPENING PANEL: The New Era of Manufacturing Part II: Manufacturing, Nature-Inspired Technology and Their Role in the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
- 20-12.25 SPECIAL ADDRESS
- 25-12.45 KEYNOTE SPEECH: Natural-Inspired Technologies as the Foundation for a New Industrial Revolution
- 45-13.15 IN CONVERSATION: The Changing Face of Global Trade and Investment
- 45 Close of GMIS 2019 Official Opening Ceremony
- 45-15.00 Lunch
- 00-16.00 IN CONVERSATION: Manufacturing FDI to Accelerate Industrialisation and Boost Economic Growth
- 00-17.00 PANEL DISCUSSION: Industrial Policy and Development in the Advent of the Fourth Industrial Revolution
- 00-17.15 NEW PERSPECTIVES: A Technology Trap? Capital, Labour and Power in the Age of Automation
- 15-17.30 FLASH OF INSIGHT: The Man-Machine Interface – Augmenting Human Senses through Digitalisation and Nature-Inspired Technology
- 00-16.00 BREAKOUT 1.1 PANEL DISCUSSION: The Circular Economy for Manufacturing: At a Crossroads
- 00-17.00 BREAKOUT 1.2 PANEL DISCUSSION: Future Cities – The Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) and the Road to Smart, Sustainable and Inclusive Cities
- 00-16.00 BREAKOUT 2.1 PANEL DISCUSSION: Manufacturing Low Carbon Futures and Creating Global Sustainability
- 00-16.30 BREAKOUT 3.1 SPECIAL MULTI-PLATFORM SESSION: Best Available Technologies and Digitalization: Best Practice Cases of Environmental and Economic Efficiency Increase
The Summit agenda on July 10th:
- 00-10.15 WELCOME FROM THE MC
- 15-10.30 DAY 2 OFFICIAL OPENING REMARKS
- 30-11.30 MINISTERIAL PANEL: Adapting Industrial Policies to a Digital World for Economic Diversification and National Structural Transformation
- 00-11.15 FIRESIDE CHAT: Economic Diversification Strategy and Manufacturing
- 45-13.30 OFFICIAL PRIZEGIVING: The Mohammed Bin Rashid Initiative for Global Prosperity Winners Announcement
- 30-12.30 BREAKOUT 1.1 PANEL DISCUSSION: Industry Needs Women: Women’s Entrepreneurship and Economic Empowerment in the Context of Digitalization
- 30-15.00 Lunch
- 00-16.00 PANEL DISCUSSION: Manufacturing the Future in the Era of 4.0: Industry Viewpoints
- 00-17.00 GMIS WORKING GROUP SHOWCASE AND PANEL DISCUSSION: Safety, Security and Cyber Considerations in Industrial Automation: Emerging Trends and Considerations
- 00-16.00 BREAKOUT 1.1: PANEL DISCUSSION: Anything at Your Fingertips: The Evolution of 3D Printing Beyond the Hype
- 00-17.00 BREAKOUT 1.2 PANEL DISCUSSION: Visions for the Future of Aerospace and Aerospace Manufacturing
- 00-16.00 BREAKOUT 2.1 PANEL DISCUSSION: Driving Diversified Development and Defining the Future of Eurasia’s Manufacturing Competitiveness
- 00-17.00 BREAKOUT 2.2 PANEL DISCUSSION: Made in Asia – What Now, What Next?
- 00-16.30 BREAKOUT 3.1 PANEL DISCUSSION: Nature-Inspired Technologies as an Answer to Global Challenges and the Foundation for a New Industrial Revolution
- 30-14.30 BREAKOUT 4.1 OPEN ITPO ROUNDTABLE: Regional Perspectives of 4IR Implementation: Country Approaches and SDG Achievements
- 00-17.00 Mohammed Bin Rashid Initiative for Global Prosperity Challenge Design Workshop
The Summit agenda on July 11th:
- 00-10.15 DAY THREE OFFICIAL OPENING REMARKS
- 15-11.15 PANEL DISCUSSION: The Artificially Intelligent Manufacturing Sector: The Future of Work, Industry 5.0, Learning and Human-Centric Automation
- 15-11.30 FLASH OF INSIGHT: How New Age Companies are Using Connectivity and the Internet of Things (IoT) to Gain Competitive Edge
- 30-12.30 IN CONVERSATION: Man with Machine not Man vs Machine: Robotics
- 15-11.15 BREAKOUT 1.1 PANEL DISCUSSION: Agriculture: Robotics, Artificial Intelligence and the Food Security Challenge
- 15-12.15 BREAKOUT 1.2 PANEL DISCUSSION: Advanced Manufacturing Strategies in the Biopharma Industry
- 15-12.30 RETURN TO THE FORUM FOR OFFICIAL CLOSING REMARKS
- 15-11.15 BREAKOUT 2.1 PANEL DISCUSSION: Responsible Business in the New Age of Industry: What it Looks Like and What it Can Do
- 15-12.15 BREAKOUT 3.1 PANEL DISCUSSION: Africa and Industrialisation: Who’s Winning and What’s at Stake?
- 15-12.30 RETURN TO THE FORUM FOR OFFICIAL CLOSING REMARKS
- 30-13.00 OFFICIAL CLOSING REMARKS AND INTENTIONS AROUND THE BIGGER JOURNEY: GMIS
- 00 CLOSING REMARKS AND END OF THE GLOBAL MANUFACTURING AND INDUSTRIALISATION SUMMIT 2019
The GMIS 2019 will expand to highlight the role of nature-inspired technologies, its impact on manufacturing, its benefits to communities, and its role in advancing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of the United Nations, as depicted by the UN’s 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
For more information visiting the Summit website, here