Israel accepted Trump peace conditions for a ceasefire in Gaza and Hamas confirms its readiness to engage in negotiations
Hamas said in a statement Sunday that its immediately ready to engage in negotiations after receiving a new proposal from Washington.
The statement came after the US president announced that he had issued a final ultimatum to Hamas, stressing that Hamas must agree to a deal to release the Israeli hostages.
In its statement, Hamas indicated that it had received, through mediators, some ideas from the American side to reach a ceasefire agreement, adding that it welcomed any action that would assist in the efforts to halt the aggression against our people.
It affirmed that it was ready to sit down immediately to negotiate to discuss the release of all prisoners in exchange for a clear declaration of an end to the war, a full withdrawal from the Gaza Strip, and the formation of a committee to administer the Gaza Strip from independent Palestinians, which would begin its work immediately.
Trump said in a post on Truth Social, “The Israelis have accepted my terms… It’s time for Hamas to accept them as well… I warned Hamas of the consequences of not accepting”.
“The Israelis have accepted my terms… It’s time for Hamas to do so as well… I warned Hamas of consequences for not accepting… This is my final warning,” Trump wrote in Truth Social.
In his post, Trump said, “Everyone wants the hostages to return home… Everyone wants this war to end!”
He continued, “The Israelis have accepted my conditions… and it is time for Hamas to accept them as well”.
The US President stated that he had warned Hamas of the consequences of not accepting his proposal.
Trump concluded the tweet by saying, “This is my final warning, and there will be no other warning!”
Earlier, media reported that US President Donald Trump had recently presented a comprehensive deal proposal to Hamas, with substantial changes from previous proposals.
The White House envoy Steve Witkoff last week presented a new proposal to Hamas regarding a ceasefire and hostage release deal in Gaza, brokered by an Israeli peace activist.
The new US proposal includes a comprehensive deal to release all remaining hostages in exchange for ending the war in Gaza.
The proposal aims to find a diplomatic solution before Israel’s planned major offensive to occupy Gaza City.
According to the proposal, all 48 hostages and wounded would be released on the first day of the deal, along with the release of thousands of Palestinian prisoners.
The proposal stipulates that Israel will halt Operation Gideon II to seize control of Gaza City, and will begin immediate negotiations, personally led by the US president, to end the war… Until negotiations are concluded, fighting won’t resume.
Hamas will be asked to rely on Trump’s statements in favor of ending the war, assuming that when the kidnapped soldiers return home, Israel will find it difficult to gain legitimacy to continue the war.
Hamas, in turn, sent positive messages about the proposal, but didn’t reject it outright.
Axios reported that the new US proposal to Hamas includes the release of all 48 remaining hostages in exchange for a ceasefire and the end of the Israeli occupation of Gaza City, according to a senior Israeli official familiar with the details.
In addition, Israel will release 2,500–3,000 Palestinian prisoners and detainees held in its jails, including hundreds serving life sentences.
According to the proposal, once a ceasefire is declared, negotiations will begin immediately on the terms for ending the war, including Israel’s demands for Hamas to disarm and Hamas’ demands for a complete and final withdrawal of the Israeli army from the Gaza Strip.
The proposal emphasized that if Hamas responded positively to the initiative, Trump would actively work to end the war, and the ceasefire would remain in place as long as negotiations on the terms of its termination continued.
