The US Department of Justice announces the release of all materials in which Trump’s name appears in Jeffrey Epstein’s files
US Deputy Attorney General Todd Blanche announced that all material related to US President Donald Trump in the files of billionaire Jeffrey Epstein, who was found dead in prison during his trial on charges of creating a prostitution network targeting minors, will be released.
In a statement to NBC News on Sunday, Blanche said that all material in which Trump’s name appears in the files related to Epstein will be published, stressing that the US president has nothing to hide in this regard.
He confirmed that photos and documents of anyone named in Epstein’s files, whether Trump or others, would be made public, with the exception of surviving victims.
He pointed out that there were photos of some of the women who were victims of the prostitution network created by Epstein and are still alive in the files that were published two days ago.
He said the removal of the photos had “absolutely nothing to do with President Trump,” but was at the request of the victims’ lawyers.
Several US media outlets reported on Saturday that 16 files, including photos of Trump, had been removed from the US Justice Department’s website.
The Justice Department responded with a statement saying, “As additional information is obtained, the images and other materials will continue to be examined in accordance with the law, and will be withheld or redacted when necessary”.
