May 24, 2026

Daily Mail: Vance is increasingly isolated after Gabbard’s resignation and is considering dropping out of the 2028 election race

0
65798877900789698

The British Daily Mail newspaper revealed new details about the increasing isolation suffered by US Vice President J D Vance within the administration, following the resignation of the Director of National Intelligence, Tulsi Gabbard.

According to sources who spoke to the Daily Mail, Vance, now considered the lone dove in the Trump administration following Gabbard’s resignation, is more isolated than ever.

The sources indicate that Vance is seriously considering abandoning the idea of ​​running for president in 2028.

These developments come at a time when Secretary of State Marco Rubio’s influence is growing, with the report describing him as the dominant voice on Trump’s foreign policy.

The Daily Mail stated that Rubio has a stronger presence than Vance, as the president listens to him, while Vance has been out of step for a long time.

Gabbard officially resigned last Friday, citing her husband’s serious health condition after he was diagnosed with a rare form of bone cancer.

However, sources told the Daily Mail that the reasons go beyond family matters, suggesting that the resignation came amid deep divisions within the White House regarding the war in Iran.

The newspaper describes Gabbard as Vance’s key ally and ideological backbone within the cabinet, as they shared an anti-interventionist view.

With her departure, a source close to the president describes Vance as a minor event in the West Wing of the White House.

The report indicates that Vance’s anti-war stance put him on a collision course with Trump, who had begun to adopt a more assertive wartime approach.

Sources revealed that Vance privately urged Trump to launch a limited strike against Iran instead of the full-scale war initiated last February, warning of the potential consequences.

Adding to the woes is the departure of other officials considered allies of Vance, such as Joe Kent, the top counterterrorism official, who resigned in March in protest against the war.

Sources said Kent accused Israel of misleading President Trump into drawing the United States into the war.

Vance, (41), appears to be caught between his dwindling support within the administration and the rising star of potential rivals like Rubio.

The newspaper reports that sources indicate Vance’s inner circle is considering a nuclear option—withdrawing from the 2028 race as a tactical move, with the hope of returning in later election cycles.

But another source warns that the window of opportunity to run for president is very small, and that staying out of the spotlight for 10 years will make it difficult to make a strong comeback.

For his part, Vance had stated earlier this month that he wasn’t a future candidate, saying: “I am vice president, not a future candidate”.

Share it...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *