August 21, 2026

Axios: Details of the US-Israeli agreement on aid distribution in Gaza

0
9009895848865

Axios website reported, citing sources, that an agreement for aid distribution in Gaza, which is still under discussion, will be subject to international management supported by countries and charitable organizations, which will be responsible for directing relief operations in the Gaza Strip.

The charitable organizations will be led by humanitarian workers, with an advisory board of international figures.

Axios reported on Saturday, citing informed sources, that the United States, Israel, and representatives of a new international organization are close to reaching an agreement on how to resume the delivery of humanitarian aid to civilians in Gaza “without Hamas control,” in another step in the occupation’s efforts to extort food, water, and medicine from Gazans.

Israel cut off all food, water, and medicine supplies to the Gaza Strip two months ago, following the collapse of the ceasefire agreement, exacerbating the humanitarian crisis and deteriorating conditions in the besieged enclave.

UN relief agencies and official Palestinian bodies predicted that food supplies would run out within days, while Israeli sources claimed that supplies would run out in three to four weeks.

US President Donald Trump said on Sunday that he had pressured Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to allow food and medicine into the Gaza Strip.

Citing sources, the website reported that the agreement, which is still under discussion, will be subject to international management supported by countries and charitable organizations, which will direct relief operations in the Gaza Strip.

The foundation will be led by humanitarian workers, with an advisory board of prominent international figures.

The plan also calls for the construction of several humanitarian compounds in Gaza, where civilians can visit once a week to receive one aid package per family, sufficient for seven days, according to Israeli officials.

A source familiar with the plan told Axios that Israel has committed to funding and implementing the massive engineering work required to build the infrastructure for the aid distribution sites.

The same source confirmed that Israel and the United States are in advanced discussions with donor countries that will fund the foundation’s operations, including the purchase of humanitarian aid.

According to the source, a private American company will be responsible for logistical delivery and security inside and around the complexes, while the Israeli army will secure their external perimeters.

Israeli and US officials want the new mechanism ready and effective when Trump visits the region in about two weeks.

He is scheduled to begin a tour on May 12, visiting Saudi Arabia, followed by Qatar, the UAE, and Israel.

Israeli officials claim that Hamas seized most of the aid entering Gaza during the ceasefire.

They claim that Hamas relied on a portion of the proceeds to pay the salaries of members of its military wing, while distributing the other portion to consolidate its power among the population.

They assert that “the new mechanism aims to reduce the population’s dependence on Hamas and prevent it from benefiting financially”.

Officials from the United States, Israel, the New International Fund, and private companies have been discussing the details of a new aid distribution mechanism in recent weeks.

The move was spearheaded on the Israeli side by Minister of Strategic Affairs Ron Dermer, and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu briefed US President Donald Trump on the details in a phone call last week.

This news comes as UN relief agencies say food supplies in Gaza will run out within days, while Axios quoted Israeli officials as saying they will be completely depleted within three to four weeks.

While US President Donald Trump said on April 25 that he had pressured Netanyahu to allow more food and medicine into the Gaza Strip, Israeli officials reported that Netanyahu briefed Trump on discussions regarding the new aid distribution mechanism during their phone call last week.

A US State Department official told Axios that the new mechanism is something to celebrate and resulted from discussions between Israel and the foundation, with the support and endorsement of the Trump administration.

He added, “We understand that the mechanism will deliver aid to those who deserve it, in line with our principles… We support the flow of humanitarian aid, while ensuring that it’s not diverted, stolen, or misused by Hamas and Islamic Jihad,” he claimed.

Share it...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *