European countries are making urgent appeals to their citizens in Iran to leave immediately
Swedish Foreign Minister Maria Malmer Steinergard has called on Swedish citizens in Iran to leave the country immediately.
In a post on X, on Friday evening, Steingaard said that the Swedish Foreign Ministry’s recommendation not to travel to Iran should be adhered to.
It reiterated its strong call for Swedish citizens in Iran to leave immediately.
It noted that leaving Iran via flights and land crossings is still possible.
“Swedes should leave Iran to have the opportunity and not wait,” she added.
She warned that those who choose to stay there bear a great personal responsibility, and the Foreign Ministry won’t be able to assist with evacuations from Iran if the situation deteriorates.
Serbia also advised its nationals in Iran to leave as soon as possible on Friday night because of the risk of a deterioration of the security situation, with the US likely to launch strikes.
“Due to the escalation of tension and the risk of deterioration of the security situation, we recommend that all citizens of the Republic of Serbia in Iran leave the country as soon as possible,” the Serbian Foreign Ministry wrote on its website and social networks.
Serbia had previously called on its nationals in mid-January not to leave Iran and not to travel to it.
The German embassy in Tehran on Saturday called on its nationals to leave Iran immediately, in light of the escalating tension and US military buildup in the region.
The embassy said in a post on its official social media accounts that German citizens in Iran should leave immediately.
It pointed to the escalation of tensions in Iran and the region, as it added that the embassy doesn’t rule out the possibility of a deterioration in the security situation and the outbreak of an armed conflict.
It explained that the German Foreign Ministry and the embassy in Tehran won’t be able to provide any support or support regarding the evacuation in the event of a deterioration of the security situation and an escalation of tensions.
The Sultanate of Oman on Tuesday sponsored a round of negotiations on Iran’s nuclear program in the Swiss city of Geneva, after an earlier round in the capital Muscat on February 6.
For weeks, the United States, at Israel’s instigation, has been bolstering its military forces in the Middle East, threatening to take military action against Iran to force it to abandon its nuclear and missile programs and its proxies in the region.
Tehran believes that Washington and Israel are creating pretexts for intervention and regime change in it, and it vows to respond to any military attack, even if its limited, while insisting on lifting Western economic sanctions in exchange for imposing restrictions on its nuclear program.
