The Houthis in Yemen announced Monday that they had launched a new attack with drones on Israeli targets, as part of a series of attacks since the beginning of the war between Israel and Hamas.
In a post on X, Houthi military spokesman Brigadier General Yahya Saree said, “The Yemeni armed forces launched a batch of drones during the past hours on various sensitive targets of the Israeli enemy in the occupied territories”.
He added, “One of the results of the operation was that movement at the targeted bases and airports stopped for several hours”.
Israeli authorities on the other hand, didn’t immediately confirm the attack.
Last week, the Houthis in Yemen announced that they had launched a drone attack on Israel, and indicated that they had launched three previous operations with drones and ballistic missiles since the start of the war.
The head of the Houthi government, Abdulaziz bin Habtour, said in a statement to Agence France-Presse last week, “We are part of the axis of resistance,” adding, “We participate in words, words, and marches”.
Houthi military spokesman said on Monday, “The Yemeni Armed Forces continue to carry out more qualitative military operations in support of and victory for the oppression of the Palestinian people and in response to the calls of our great Yemeni people”.