Russian forces confirm control of 25 new towns in Kharkov
The Acting President of the Donetsk People’s Republic Denis Pushilin stated that Russian units are moving forward despite the reinforcement of Ukrainian positions in the territory of industrial facilities along the front line.
Pushilin said in an interview with Russian Novosti news agency, “Yes, the enemy is still steadfast and fortified in the lands of the very many industrial facilities along the line of contact… The situation is getting more difficult because the heavy losses among the Ukrainian forces aren’t considered important for the Ukrainian command to issue orders to retreat, but the progress of the Russian units is still continuing”.
Pushilin previously said that the Ukrainian forces have strengthened their positions in the city of Oglidar, where a large number of industrial facilities and high-rise buildings are located, and they haven’t yet received the order to retreat.
On the same context, the head of the Military-Civil Administration of Kharkov Province, Vitaly Ganchev, announced on Tuesday, that Russian forces took control about 25 towns in the province, pointing to the difficult situation there, as it is constantly bombed.
“The situation on the front is unstable, and I can say that there are now about 25 towns under Russian control,” Ganchev told Russian TASS news agency.
In Kyiv, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky confirmed that Russian forces are seeking severe revenge against Ukraine.
He also announced that his army was preparing a major counterattack against the Russian forces.