Russian forces bombing of central Ukraine and thwarts an attack on Russian territory

0

Three people were killed in a Russian missile attack on Ukraine overnight, Ukrainian officials said, and two were killed in a bombing on Monday.

Interior Minister Ihor Klimenko said the three killed overnight were workers at an industrial facility targeted by a Russian attack in the Poltava region of central Ukraine.

He added that five were injured and one person is still missing.

Andriy Yermak, director of the Ukrainian President’s Office, said that the facility is a vegetable oil factory in the Mirhorod region, and he published pictures showing the factory on fire.

Ukraine’s military said Russia fired four missiles into the country from the Black Sea last night, two of which were shot down.

The Ukrainian military added that the Kryvyi Rih region in central Ukraine was also hit by a missile attack.

The Kryvyi Rih region authorities said that several homes were damaged, but didn’t announce any casualties.

In the same context, Ukraine said on Monday that its forces had liberated the village of Robotyn in the southeast of the country and were trying to advance south in its two-month-old counterattack against Russian forces.

The Ukrainian army said that its forces raised the flag of Ukraine last week in the strategic Ropotyn, adding that the forces then carried out cleansing operations until they confirmed their control of the village on Monday.

The village is 10 km south of the front-line town of Orekhiv in the Zaporizhia region, on an important road leading to the Russian-controlled Tokmak road and rail hub.

Capturing Tokmak would be a milestone as Ukrainian forces advance south toward the Sea of ​​Azov in a military campaign aimed at splitting Russian forces after their all-out invasion of Ukraine in February 2022.

Russia has yet to confirm Ukraine’s success in recovering two robots.

The Russian Defense Ministry said in a statement that its forces repelled attacks by Kiev forces near Robotyn and Verbov.

On Monday, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky spoke about the situation at various places on the front in his videotaped evening address, but made no mention of two robots.

He added that the Ukrainian forces are preparing to respond to the Russian plans, definitely and in a way you wouldn’t expect.

Separately, Ukrainian Defense Minister Oleksey Reznikov said on Monday that any suggestion of disagreements with Washington over Ukraine’s military strategy was mistaken and fabricated.

He added in a press conference that the Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, Valery Zaluzhny, meets regularly with senior officials from the allied countries that supply Ukraine with weapons.

“Everything is going according to plan, which was discussed with our partners in advance,” Reznikov said.

The Russian Ministry of Defense announced, on Tuesday, that it had thwarted a Ukrainian attempt to attack the Tula region with two drones.

The Russian Defense Ministry said in a statement that the attempt took place in the morning hours, and that the attack was targeting Russian facilities in the Tula region.

The statement indicated that the Russian air defense systems were able to destroy the two drones in the airspace of the same region.

Share it...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *