The last Surveillance Camera footage of Khashoggi entering the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul with a mystery black van

The British newspaper “The Guardian” in a report on Tuesday that the Turkish authorities ” inspect the high-speed roads surveillance cameras, in search of a black truck, which is believed to have carried the body of Saudi opposition journalist Jamal Khashoggi, the Saudi consulate in Istanbul last week”, and explained that the truck Is “one of six cars investigators say belongs to a Saudi band believed to be behind Khashoggi’s disappearance”.

Turkish investigators confirmed to the newspaper that “the convoy left the consulate after about two hours from Khashoggi entrance to it, showing footage from the security camera, the boxes loaded in a truck with a diplomatic number”.

“After leaving the consulate, three cars were driven to the main road, while the other three were on the right”, the investigators said.

“One of the cars, with black windows, became the focus of the investigation and was briefly followed on a nearby highway”.

“Senior officials in Ankara remain convinced that Khashoggi was killed by a Saudi armed band sent to Istanbul for this mission and was waiting for him when he arrived at the consulate on Tuesday afternoon”, the newspaper said.

According to the Guardian, flight records indicate that “two Saudi planes arrived at Istanbul’s Ataturk airport on Tuesday, and later left the same day, hours after Khashoggi saw the last time”.

At the same time, the Saudi authorities continue to insist that they have nothing to do with Khashoggi’s disappearance, but admit that they sent a “security delegation” to Istanbul, without giving any reason.

The newspaper pointed out that “Turkey has a wide system of surveillance cameras on highways, and used regularly to provide evidence in criminal investigations”.

“They suggested that they knew more about the disappearance than they had revealed”, she said.

About a week after Khashoggi’s disappearance, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan stepped up his calls to Riyadh to explain what had happened to the prominent critic of the Saudi leadership.

The Turkish president spoke in a balanced tone about Khashoggi’s case, while government officials and official media were allowed to feed the allegations, with details of the convoy being disclosed by the pro Turkish government daily Sabah.

“We must get the result of this investigation as soon as possible, Consular officials cannot save themselves by simply saying that Khashoggi has left the building” Erdogan said from Budapest.

Erdogan said, he was following the case himself, but he had no new evidence.

Despite their caution about each other, both Saudi Arabia and Turkey have tried to avoid open bickering.

Both countries have significant trade and investment ties and compete for influence in the region.

“Erdogan’s response will be clearer in the coming days, if there is no movement in the case that concerns him more than the disappearance of any other foreign citizen inside Turkey”, the Guardian said in the context of her report.

“He told him that he had been invited to return to Riyadh by the Saudi crown prince to work as an adviser.

He also asked for assurances about his safety from his friends in the United States before visiting the consulate and asked his fiancé to inform The Turkish authorities if he failed to leave, and did so after four hours of his disappearance, and at that time believed that the convoy has left the consulate”.

The international community also invited Riyadh to clarify what had happened, especially from Britain and France.

In a preliminary comment on the case, a spokesman for the British Foreign Office: “These are very serious allegations.

We are aware of recent reports and are working urgently to determine the facts, including with the Saudi government”.

The newspaper said that “this event has put the United Kingdom in an embarrassing diplomatic position, because it is close to both Turkey and Saudi Arabia at the same time”.

France said it was “looking for an explanation of how the respected and respected journalist disappeared”.

US President Donald Trump, a strong ally of Saudi Arabia, who has vowed to stay away from the country’s internal affairs, first made the case on Monday and told reporters he was “worried by some very bad stories” about Khashoggi’s fate.

Khashoggi is one of the most prominent Saudi journalists who have criticized Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman in recent years.

He remained in exile in the United States last year, writing columns for the Washington Post, criticizing “aspects of the reform program in the kingdom”.

“Washington Post”: the last picture of Khashoggi

In another context, the Washington Post published a photograph that she said Khashoggi, while entering the Saudi consulate in Istanbul, obtained from a source close to the investigation, and confirmed that it was offered to his Turkish fiancée during the investigation.

“I no longer really feel alive, I cannot sleep and eat”, said his fiancée in an interview with the newspaper.

Cengiz is not known if Khashoggi is alive or dead.

On Monday, she was interrogated for the second time by Turkish police, and they received some of his clothes and other personal items for DNA samples, she told the newspaper.

“When the first interview with Cengiz was conducted by the police, on the day Khashoggi disappeared, the police showed her a shot of Khashoggi entering the embassy and asked her to confirm whether he was the one in the picture.

She said that the person in the photo Wearing the same dark jacket that Khashoggi wore”.

Share it...
Live Updates COVID-19 CASES